The Kent Lang Ministry Fund was established in 1996 to honor the founding pastor of the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection. Pastor Lang faithfully served LCR as its pastor from its beginnings in 1979 until his retirement in 1996. The fund is intended to enhance the mission outreach of LCR in addition to the general operation of the church.
With the exception of specifically designated capital projects, the fund awards annual grants which may include:
- Seminary – Grants are awarded for those attending seminary or other schooling in preparation for church-related humanitarian service or seminary.
- Outreach – Grants are awarded to social service agencies, church-related institutions, mission partner congregations, global missions and community programs designed to assist people in need.
Your dream of leaving a lasting legacy can be achieved through a variety of gift vehicles:
- Direct Gift – An asset, such as cash, stock or other assets that are easily converted to cash, can be given directly to the Kent Lang Ministry Fund.
- Bequest – Assets, such as stocks, bonds or personal property, can be given through a will.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – Annuities provide a fixed payment for life with the balance supporting the ministries.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – Trusts provide variable income for life or a defined term with the remainder to support the ministries.
As with all gifts, we recommend that you contact an independent financial advisor to research the advantages of any gift under consideration.
For more information, please contact the Church Office at 770.953.3193.